9/8/10

Hugh & Margaux's Wedding, The Chatham Bars Inn, Chatham, MA



Hugh and Margaux had an uninvited guest to their wedding this past Friday evening at the Chatham Bars Inn - namely, Earl - Hurricane Earl, that is. This lovely couple's notoriety spread as the news reporter trucks descended upon the sprawling mansions of The Chatham Bars Inn, covering the human interest story of Earl being the "wedding crasher" for Cape Cod's Labor Day weekend.

Just prior to their wedding, my mother-in-law called me expressing with glee that she'd just seen the couple that I was marrying at the Chatham Bars Inn at 5 p.m. the next day. Yes, mom, that was Hugh and Margaux! I never saw the broadcast, however, I heard they were very optimistic and were going with the flow, on-air. Good for them! We moved up the time to 4:30 p.m., but other than that, Earl did not cause this couple to lose a beat.

And so we held the wedding service inside, in the grande dining room elegant enough to serve as a ballroom, too. This couple had a special surprise for their ceremony, too - one that I was not aware of myself until my arrival at the Inn. Margaux had hired the singing group, "Hyannis Sound" to sing during portions of their wedding service. These young men harmonized beautifully, and the guests, and even the couple, joined in with clapping to the music and tapping their feet to the beat. I shared with their friends and family that I felt like we were on American Idol - the finalists of the competition, that is. This singing group was phenomenal!

There was a unique ceremonial piece whereby Hugh and Margaux gave a special gift of cape cod bracelets to each daughter of their newly united family; a beautiful remembrance for such a meaningful day for this family.

Hugh and Margaux shared their custom vows, and exchanged wedding rings. I then pronounced this wonderful couple to be "husband and wife", to which "Hyannis Sound" sang a happy, upbeat version of Stevie Wonders' song, "Signed, Sealed, Delivered, I'm Yours!"

Congratulations Hugh and Margaux! I will always remember with affection my celebrity couple who made lemonade out of lemons, making everything positive, fun and memorable!




No comments: