6/27/10

Jim and Karen's Wedding, Hemisphere Restaurant, Sandwich, MA



A gorgeous day on the oceanfront of Hemisphere restaurant in Sandwich, MA is a favorite

place for Jim and Karen to marry. And what a beautiful day we had yesterday, with high tide ushering in the beautiful sea. Family and friends embraced in a half circle this lovely couple as I opened up this intimate service on the beach with its home-made trellis of ivy and lilies.

Guitarists strummed and sang selected songs and serenaded Karen and her sons down nature's aisle to the sounds of Elvis Presley's, "Love Me Tender":

Love me tender,
Love me sweet,
Never let me go.
You have made my life complete,
And I love you so.

Love me tender,
Love me true,
All my dreams fulfilled.
For my darlin I love you,
And I always will.

Love me tender,
Love me long,
Take me to your heart.
For it's there that I belong,
And we'll never part.

Love me tender,
Love me dear,
Tell me you are mine.
I'll be yours through all the years,
Till the end of time.

Karen and Jim exchanged vows, rings, and their wedding kiss in a most simple and loving ceremony by the sea. Their sand ceremony included they and their 8 family members, symbolizing the combining of two families into one; how meaningful given the word hemisphere means one half of the celestial sphere as divided by any of various great circles, such as the equator.

On this beautiful beach by the sea, Karen and Jim grew their family circle as they exchanged wedding rings, thereby embracing all of their children with their united love.

Much joy, love and happiness to you both, till the end of time!

No comments: