7/21/11

Kristian & Julie's Wedding, The Wequassett Inn, Chatham, MA




Kristian and Julie, their families and friends enjoyed a beautiful wedding day at the seaside of the Wequassett Inn in Chatham, MA. Here, Kristian, Julie and I stood between two white pillars provided by their florist.

Flowers were arranged around the entire gathering - beautiful white flowers encased in exquisite glass vases, adorned with a single lit white candle. Violins serenaded Julie and her dad up the aisle. Kristian watched with twinkling eyes as his bride greeted him at our white altar.

Every wedding has unique aspects that serendipitously happen, and this wedding was no exception. Their ring-bearer, Connor, was standing at the sand ceremony table as I delivered their wedding service. I was speaking when suddenly there were a few chuckles, and then additional laughter. I knew I was not saying anything humorous at that point, so I glanced to my left, and lo and behold, Connor was actively moving his fire engine and police car toys around and around and around the sand ceremony table, totally focussed on his play. Such a darling boy, I commented on how much fun Connor was having, to which more friends and family started to join in this fun little sidebar. I love these moments during a wedding that will be recalled by Julie, Kristian and their guests for many years to come!

Julie's Godmom, Ellie, gave a special reading for this lovely couple's service:

Love by Roy Croft

I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you. I love you not only for what you have made of yourself, but for what you are making of me. I love you for the part of me that you bring out. I love you for putting your hand into my heaped-up heart, and passing over all the foolish, weak things that you can't help dimly seeing there, and for drawing out into the light all the beautiful belongings that no one else had looked quite far enough to find. I love you because you are helping me to make of the lumber of my life not a tavern, but a temple out of the works of my every day, not a reproach, but a song. I love you because you have done more than any creed could have done to make me good, and more than any fate could have done to make me happy. You have done it without a touch, without a word, without a sign. You have done it by being yourself.

Once Kristian and Julie performed the sand ceremony, shared their custom vows, and exchanged wedding rings, I pronounced them to be "husband and wife" amidst the thunderous applause of their guests.

Congratulations Kristian and Julie! May you always share love, happiness, and as Connor showed us, the spirit of playfulness in your lives!



No comments: